Friday, October 30, 2009

Recycled Paper Basket



I have this thing for storage, so I was happy to find the newspaper basket on craftstylish.com. Only problem was that it was made out of newspaper, which is messy. Instead I decided to make use of all the garbage printout paper that I've been saving. The final result is great because I folded the print side in resulting in a basket that looks like its made from square marble mosaic tiles. Please click on the demo images for the tutorial. For each basket you will need:


  • 20 pieces of scrap paper 8.5"x11"

  • scissors

  • a heavy book

  • paper clips (optional)

  • glue (optional, I didn't use any and my baskets are strong)















4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, thanks for the link, and love your blog! And all those diagrams, wow! I'll be back,
    we like the same types of economical reuse projects....I've got a whole kitchen shelf of coffee jars, so loved what you did too!
    happy holidays! http://www.creativejewishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment! I'm a big fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spent a very happy evening making one of these- hope it's ok if I post pictures and link to your blog on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. please be my guest and link/ post images Ondine! thanks for the plug ;)

    ReplyDelete